JOB SUMMARY – Facilities Service Representative (FSR)
The FSR serves as a remote operator of JouleSmart’s Integrated Intelligence Gateway (IIG) as part of our Active Oversight service to ensure optimal building operations resulting in a comfortable and healthy environment for both staff and customers. FSR’s respond to customer inquiries and system alerts from small and medium size commercial building throughout the United States. As a member of a team of dedicated and skilled customer advocates FSRs continually strive to serve our customer’s needs through a positive partnership of mutual respect and understanding. This high quality of service to our customers is conducted with an urgency and commitment to ensure excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Leveraging the IIG, the FSR monitors customer HVAC and lighting system and associated equipment.
- Proactively engage customer when opportunities arise.
- Respond to routine and emergency maintenance requests.
- Initiate troubleshooting and corrective action while providing outstanding internal and external customer care.
- Coordinate repairs with department supervisors, tradesman, and customers.
- Generate emergency and routine maintenance work orders and dispatch appropriate trades.
- Leverage all communication channels to ensure efficient transfer of information and responsiveness.
- Review IIG alarms and those related to communications and network status.
- Take corrective action through direct software intervention or by escalating issue or assigning and dispatching the proper trade for field repair follow-up.
- Maintain necessary reports, documentation, customer service case, account and contact records.
- Create and update articles for the JouleSmart knowledge base.
- Update training materials and supporting procedural documentation (The Client Services Handbook).
- Compile statistical data and information for review.
- Assist in the maintenance of JouleSmart’s SharePoint project documentation folders and files.
- Perform data entry of utility bills and other information.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
COMMUNICATION and OTHER SKILLS
- Outstanding communications and customer service skills with a strong sense of responsiveness to internal and external requests. Excellent phone manner, professionalism, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Knowledge and ability to operate computerized monitoring system. Ability to respond to complex building problems and initiate corrective action with minimal or no direction.
- Knowledge of computer systems, data processing equipment, spreadsheet software.
- General understanding of facility operations and building systems.
- Proven ability to take a high level of initiative; ability to effectively identify and resolve problems independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise discretion, responsibility, and sound professional judgment.
- Ability to juggle multiple complex tasks, coordinate tasks, and meet multiple deadlines under time pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies and software applications and to apply knowledge to varied environments and changing tasks.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years combined experience that includes at least 3 of the following:
- Software Implementation
- Customer service
- Account management
- Project coordination
- Salesforce usage
- Facilities/property management
- Experience in the electrical, cable/satellite, HVAC, low voltage, or general contracting fields
- Practical knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- User level awareness of collaboration tools such as HipChat, Teams or Slack
Job type: Full time non-exempt. Hours may change based on staffing coverage. Holiday coverage is mandatory, as is overtime when necessary.
Reports to: The Vice President of Client Services.
Location: Based in our Portland, Oregon headquarters
Travel: Limited travel possible
Compensation: Comprised of a combination of salary and bonus (based on successful achievement of customer onboarding and other service-related targets as well as overall company performance)
Benefits: Attractive benefits program that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and expense allowances.
Based in Portland, Oregon, JouleSmart was founded to make Enterprise level building technology accessible to small and medium-sized businesses. The JouleSmart solution is a cloud-based technology platform that has been in the market almost 20 years. The platform transforms small- to mid-sized businesses’ underperforming buildings into intelligent, productive, efficient and comfortable places of business. At the heart of JouleSmart’s Solution is the Integrated Intelligence Gateway, a proprietary software and hardware platform. JouleSmart’s Active Oversight ™ provides 24/7 monitoring to maintain a high-performance building. The benefits of the intelligent building include improvements to the bottom line, employee productivity, customer comfort and a reduced carbon footprint.